YOU WILL NEED:
- CHEMEX BONDED PAPER FILTER
FRESHLY ROASTED PILOT COFFEE
DRY: 30g coffee
WET: 500g water
WATER: 200f (30s off boil)
GRIND: Between drip and French Press. Some sheared pieces or fines*.
*Adjust grind size/steep time to taste.
1. Place folded filter with triple layer covering spout, rinse/preheat brewing system with water. Discard after 1 minute.
2. Pre-infuse with 50g of water for 45 seconds.
3. 250g pour with high agitation keeping coffee submerged pouring over 30 seconds time.
4. Allow slurry to fully draw down until the coffee bed is exposed (3:00m).
5. 200g pour over 30 seconds with gentle agitation. The last 10 seconds pour in centre of the brew water.
6. Allow coffee to fully draw down for a total brew time of 6 minutes.